Rare Interesting and Unusual Facts about TN CM Jayalalitha
Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalitha is a well-known face to one and all. She has marked her footprints on the sand of time in Tamil Nadu politics. She has grown into a powerful person who has a great influence not just on the state politics but also on nationwide politics. The people who worship her are no less than a sea, but there are many interesting and usual facts about her that most of the people are not aware of. Take a look!
- Jayalalitha was born on 24th February, 1948 to Jayakumar and Vedavalli in Karnataka, Mysore. Her original name is Komavalli, which was later changed to Jayalalitha.
- She has studied her high school in Bishop Cotton Girls School in Bengaluru and matriculation from Sacred Heart School. She stood as the state ranker at that time in her studies.
- Though she received scholarship for her merit, by then she already stepped into movies. She got trained in various classical dance forms and music.
- In 1991, she made her first appearance in a Kannada movie titled ‘Srisaila Mahatya’ as Parvathi.
- She debuted as a heroine at the age of 15 in 1964 with the movie Chinnada Gombe and received a remuneration of Rs.3000.
- In 1966 she has appeared in 11 movies altogether in Telugu, Tamil and Kannada languages.
- She was paired opposite MGR in 28 movies. Out of 125 movies she has done, 119 movies turned out as box office hits. Her last film is Nayakudu Vinayakudu that hit the screens in 1980.
- She has debuted into politics in 1982 and jointed AIDMK party. Her speech with the name pennin perumai has attracted crowds.
- She is very much fluent in English, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Hindi languages.
- In 1989, she became the first women opposition leader.
- In 1991, she was crowned as Chief Minister of Tamil Nad.
- She has introduced many schemes for poor, underprivileged and women.
- She faced many allegations all throughout her life and was arrested in 2014 by Bangalore special court and was fined 100 crores and along with an imprisonment for four years.
- She came out clean in 2015 and participated in 2016 politics and won back her seat with huge majority.